A candidate for this role will be a technical expert, driven self-starter, organized project manager, with a proven ability to create web user experiences that deliver results. This person will maintain the Spinnaker Resorts website (and secondary sites) and drive both organic SEO and paid search campaigns, and on and off-page SEO tactics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for development of all websites including performance testing and reporting.
- Maintain complete ownership and day-to-day management of all web campaigns.
- Present and articulate web design and development decisions to key stakeholders.
- Implement web design and development projects including defining, planning, scheduling and driving progress.
- Responsible for ongoing management of web content – this includes gathering content from other divisions, and preparing for web using SEO and formatting best practices.
- Setup and maintain business logic to manage feeds and maintain taxonomy conventions.
- Regularly consult with internal team members, reviewing and advising on all campaign performance KPIs.
- Development, execution and reporting of SEO strategy .
- Consistently analyze, measure, and track site ranking factors, including keywords, internal and external links, site content, on & off page factors and competition – to achieve business goals.
- Manage Google Analytics and other web statistics tools.
- Drive growth and efficiency of website content and processes to achieve business goals.
- Research and recommend new technologies, processes and improvements to optimize website user experience, performance and strategic marketing functionality.
- Review competitive websites and information to identify new tactics and best practices.
- Managing Vendors – this will primarily involve managing hosting company (or alternatively working with internal IT designee).
- Work on other web systems projects that streamline business processes incorporating new technologies where it is beneficial.
- Ongoing evaluation of new web technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Computer Science, Business, and/or Marketing, etc.).
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a Web Development role (including SEO and Web Marketing) including designing, building and testing commercial web and landing pages.
- Proven ability to develop compelling and effective web design and landing page content that effectively supports online direct response campaigns.
- Proven ability to develop mobile sites.
- Possess excellent portfolio of website production projects (responsive design that perform in all browsers).
- Analytical and detail-oriented.
- The ability to work with various types of data to develop and analyze trends and insights.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal), collaborator, and project manager.
- Proficient and successful with keyword research, competitive analysis and performance scorecards.
- Excellent design sense with experience using Adobe Photoshop (for image slicing, resizing, optimization, and other core manipulations).
- Expert knowledge of web and email development technologies and usability standards.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Proven success working in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with basic statistical probability.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS:
- Familiarity with the following programs: AWS, Asp.net, Linux, JQuery Library, Graphic Design or Advertising, Bootstrap Library and Ajax.
- Prior experience in the Hospitality and/or Travel Industry background.