RETURN TO POSTINGS
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Trade Show-Event Marketing Representative is responsible for performing and/or assisting with all aspects of marketing our resorts at fairs, events, festivals, and trade shows. Under supervision, the event marketing associate interacts with potential consumers to promote Spinnaker Resorts to generate package sales, direct tours and/or leads by ensuring brand standards are met while generating tours for the purpose of timeshare solicitation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Book direct tours and generate leads for the purpose of timeshare solicitation, using provided package prices and gifting incentives.
- Meet and exceed production minimum standards. (ex. hours per tour, hours per package, etc.)
- Assist with inventory levels of tradeshow booth supplies, materials and restocking as needed.
- Responsible for the setup and breakdown of all booth equipment and promotional material.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings to maintain a specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing team within the scope of Trade Shows.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required or significant work experience in the field
- Minimum one (1) year business experience required
- Previous experience working outdoors
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Accuracy in data entry
- Previous experience with customer service
- Ability to assist and support others using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner using tact, patience and courtesy, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel to event locations both locally and nationally
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong knowledge of vacation ownership and travel exchange companies
- Strong knowledge of and skilled in negotiation.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS
- Reliable transportation
- Flexible Availability
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Spinnaker Resorts and/or the timeshare industry