JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Maintaining high company standards, the Facilities Tech supplements maintenance, procedures, and management efforts to keep the resort in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Facilities Tech contributes to the achievement of the maintenance department’s goals by providing daily attention to the appearance of resort buildings, grounds, and common areas. Responsible for the maintenance of all facilities including rooms, pools, laundry rooms, barbecues, fixtures, drains, etc., as assigned by the Facilities Manager. Remains informed and aware of conditions that could have an impact on our ability to maintain a high quality environment for our guests and owners. The Facilities Night Tech performs additional duties as assigned. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and troubleshooting in plumbing, electric and HVAC repairs with minimal assistance or supervision.
- Troubleshooting and charging A/C systems based on Super Heat and Sub Cool.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting all major appliances.
- Assists Night Techs with troubleshooting equipment, appliances, and HVAC.
- Perform plumbing maintenance such as pipes, drains, faucets, disposals, showers, and Jacuzzi tubs using methods that include soldering, brazing silver, PVC, CPVC, and fittings.
- Backup support to others, special projects as requested, and/or any legitimate business task within the scope of your responsibilities.
- Ensure that all safety rules are observed by activities staff.
- Practice and encourage the proper safety procedures for equipment & chemical use.
- Practice and encourage the proper safety procedures for physical exertion that involves bending, lifting, and climbing.
- Know tornado, fire, and disaster procedures and help coordinate evacuation efforts if necessary.
- Understand and be capable of completing the SMC accident/injury incident report forms/documents.