JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Gate Attendant position serves as the evening and weekend contact to owners and guests providing general information, check-in assistance, and first-class customer service. This position is responsible for securing all common areas on the property.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Director, Operations and Operations Supervisor to establish and maintain an efficient and accurate gatehouse operation.
- Assist guests and owners with requests and answer questions while providing friendly and accurate information about the greater Williamsburg area.
- Perform rounds on property; securing locations as needed. Report same on Security Report.
- Maintain presence at gatehouse when not assisting guests or conducting security rounds.
- Completes Incident Report in a timely manner.
- Keep supervisor informed of any incidents that occur during work shift.
- Maintain security and cleanliness of common areas of gatehouse and surrounding areas.
- Secure all property in common areas as directed in procedure book.
- Investigate and report all guest relations issues and take appropriate action to resolve problems.
- Report and investigate maintenance issues as needed.
- Provide assistance to guests experiencing problems with keys as needed, and reports issue to Maintenance for corrective measures.
- Distribute check in and check out materials for front desk operation as necessary.
- Maintain communication with other departments; informs departments of events/issues that may affect their operations as well as keeping informed of other departments’ activities that may impact Security.
- Exhibit a friendly and professional appearance and demeanor to all guests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of guest relations procedure book.
- Follow AED policy and procedure manual.
- Follow all established policies and procedures, e.g., uniform standards.
- Maintain knowledge of Activities programs.
- Maintain an appropriate and professional appearance.
- Perform additional or different duties, from those set forth above, to address business needs and changing business practices as assigned by supervisor or designee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Two (2) years Customer Service/Hospitality work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of vacation ownership and its exchange companies.
- Knowledge of the Greater Williamsburg area and ability to communicate information to guests.
- Knowledge of Microsoft® Office products and proficient in the usage of.
- Knowledge of computers and skilled in the usage of.
- Basic knowledge of safety and security principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of timesharing operations.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Ability to accept new and changing responsibilities.
- Ability to work alone, responsibly and without supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner using tact, patience and courtesy; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively convey information to managers/supervisors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, employees, and management.
- Ability to listen, comprehend, interpret, and apply directives.