The Front Office Intern will deliver exceptional customer service to our owners and guests and will represent the company with initiative and attention to detail. The Intern will be able to identify different types of owners and guests and their needs, while ensuring that we exceed their expectations. This position will also be responsible for upholding our company’s standards and best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the daily operations of the Front Desk, including but not limited to: the front desk check list, answering phone calls, checking guests in and out, and creating positive and helpful interactions with our owners and guest.
- Understands and operates the Property Management System (SPI).
- Knows the general roles and responsibilities of corporate departments, Manager and Directors.
- Follows all ADA rules as they pertain to Service Animals.
- Provides detailed work orders through HotSOS along with follow-up to all guests requiring this service.
- Ensures the safety and security for all of our owners and guests.
- Possesses knowledge of the RCI and II (timeshare exchange companies) exchange process, ownership, inventory and rental types to include 3rd party intermediaries, along with booking rules and processes in order to better assist our owners and guests.
- Provides constant communication with the marketing team with regards to tour guests experiencing any issues.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with both owners/guests and inter-departmentally.
- Be informative and suggestive with good local area knowledge and general information about our properties.
- Accurately checks-in owners and guests and provides them with a positive start to their vacation experience.
- Engages with guests as they wait in line and assist with any questions they may have prior to checking in.
- Posts payments to guest folios, ensuring that the guests have paid for their stay prior to checking in, that all assessment dues are collected and obtain appropriate authorizations for incidentals.
- Gives a professional and warm farewell to our guests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must either possess or be in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management and/or a related field.
- Must possess a warm, welcoming, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Good Computer skills including: Microsoft Office, email, and general computer skills.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills for interaction with owners, guests, vendors, employees, and the general public, using tact and poise.
- Follows directions with accuracy and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to stand and move throughout the Front Office areas.
- Must be dependable and always on time for scheduled shifts.