WINTER 2020 SPINNAKER UPDATE
A GRATEFUL MESSAGE FOR HILTON HEAD OWNERS:
As we approach this Thanksgiving season we can’t help but look back at a year unlike any other in memory. At a time when we typically find ourselves contemplating all the reasons we are grateful, we may at first struggle to find the positives of 2020. With the gift of clarity, we find there is much to be grateful for. We have taken “quality time” with our partners and children to a whole new level. We have learned to appreciate technology as we enjoy video chats with family and friends far and near. We have rediscovered the restorative power of long walks in the glorious outdoors. Most of all, we find ourselves grateful for the relationships we now see as instrumental to our daily happiness. It is through adversity that we become stronger. At Spinnaker we have felt our strength tested, but have come out all the more committed to our relationship with our guests and Owners and to the vision of our future together.
We feel fortunate that our dedicated team was ready and able to meet the broad challenges that Covid-19 brought us. Your patience during the national shutdown, your voiced concerns for the health and wellness of our Spinnaker staff, as well as your trust that we instituted the proper measures and procedures to keep you and your loved ones safe once you returned to us was greatly felt and appreciated. It is with great pleasure and gratitude that we once again “welcome home” all of our Spinnaker Families and even though we may be physically distanced, we are still all together.
From all of us at Spinnaker Resorts we wish a happy and healthy Thanksgiving to you and all you hold dear.
East Regional GM
With the holiday season upon us we wanted to take a moment and say thank you. Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by the coronavirus and we greatly appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments who are working to contain this virus. We also want to thank you, our Owners for your patience this past year.
At Spinnaker Resorts, we care about your safety and continually strive to bring you peace of mind while you enjoy your vacation. In these unprecedented times and with the incredible speed at which things have been changing around us, we wanted to reassure you of our commitment to your safety and wellbeing while vacationing with us through our new initiative, #spinnakercares.
The safety of our Owners, Guests and Employees remains our top priority so we are taking every precaution necessary to mitigate the spread of the virus (Covid-19). We focus everyday on safety so you can enjoy time away with your loved ones. Learn about all the new procedures currently being implemented at Spinnaker Resorts to keep you and your family safe by checking out our new Health and Sanitation Plan on the Owner’s website. We hope to see you soon and remember: #spinnakercares
At Spinnaker Resorts we take our obligation to operate in an earth friendly and responsible way seriously. Our resorts are all located in sensitive and beautiful environments. We understand our business activities impact the earth and the lives of others. That’s why we have made an effort for many years to reduce our impact on the land around us, operate in a sound ecological way and work with our suppliers and local communities to source responsibility.
- We have worked hard to recycle, reduce our waste and divert it from landfills:
- We have active recycling programs at all of our resorts and use compostable and reusable cups, plates and utensils in our corporate offices and for our resort activities
- We have moved to electronic billing to reduce paper waste
- We participate in new and innovative local programs that contribute to the wellness of our environment:
- Our naturalists on staff encourage active participation in turtle patrols on the beach and other wildlife programs, workshops and lectures throughout the year
- We have set up new Electric Vehicle charging stations in all three regions
- We have replaced gas guzzling maintenance vehicles with electric carts
- We have implemented sustainable procurement practices to source responsively:
- We don’t just dispose of old furniture into a landfill. It is donated to local charities or sent to recycling centers
- We work with suppliers who recycle their packing materials, have converted manufacturing plants to LED lighting and work to consume less energy in the manufacturing process just to name a few practices they implement
- More and more people have become concerned with the impact humans have on the environment. We are empowering our regions and key stakeholders to cultivate a community that prioritizes the health of our environment and enables our resort locations to coexist with nature in a harmonious way.
FEATURED RESORTS IMPROVEMENTS
Through the year we are always busily sprucing up the properties for your enjoyment. Every year millions of dollars are spent on improving your properties. From new paint to new furniture, from upgraded Wi-Fi services to replacement bathroom fixtures, all of our resorts have seen improvements in one way or another this past year. In this section we will feature significant resort improvements from your home region.
Bluewater Resort & Marina
- Love seats were replaced in the 6100 Building in the 3 bedroom villas
- New luggage carts were installed in the 6100 Building
- Grab bars were installed in the 6200 and 6300 Buildings
- New box spring covers were installed in the 6400 Building
- The front gate access panel and equipment has been enhanced for a better user experience
- Security cameras were installed at the entry gates
- Swings have been added around the property
- The pool deck was painted
- An ice cream bar was added to the poolside Cabana
- There is now a fun, new 9-hole Mini Putt Course open and located right near the Sport Court
Mini putt course at Bluewater
Mini putt course in action
- Exterior painting of the Cottage Style and 600 Building were competed
- The Pool Pavilion and bathroom flooring received decorative concrete in January 2020
- A new Shuffleboard Court has been installed
- A recycle center was constructed for property use
- The exterior stairs were rebuilt and repaired at several villas
- As part of our environmental initiatives, energy saving water heater switches were installed in December 2019 and a designated recycle corral was built for guest use
- Exterior stairwells were repainted
- Bedrooms and bathrooms were repainted in several villas
- The villas had their living room sofas and arm chairs replaced in December of 2019 and new artwork was hung over the sofas in the villas
- The entry thresholds were repainted
- Exterior staircases and back patios were repainted
- As part of our environmental initiatives, energy saving water heater switches were installed in December 2019
New furniture at Egret Point
New stairs at the Cottages
New RFID door locks at all resorts
- Toilets were replaced in all villas and changed to comfort height toilets. This was completed in February 2020
- All of the bathrooms in the 5100 Building have been renovated with new vanities, sinks, toilets, tiling and showers
- All entry doors repainted in 5100 and 5600 Buildings
- New luggage carts were purchased for all the buildings
- New and improved WIFI service with upgraded Access Points and increased bandwidth in February 2020
- A new amenity was added, Sand & Scoops, serving up ice cream and beach rentals (includes chairs, umbrella and beach cart)
New Sand and Scoops at Waterside Resort
Day tripping has become very popular at our resorts this year while everyone tries to stay socially distant and safe. We have covered several destinations on our YouTube channel. Marci-Anne, our Lowcountry Naturalist, gives you some great pointers on places to go, where to visit and what you might expect to find in this video of an exciting day trip to beautiful Beaufort-by-the-Sea.
Don’t wait! Call your Owner Services team today to make your reservation for the coming year. We encourage all Owners to provide plenty of lead time when booking or banking their usage. We don’t want you to miss out on your desired vacation.
To make it easy for you to book your reservation, we provide three ways to do so:
1. Simply complete a Reservation Request Form, found on your Owners’ website under FORMS.
2. Email us at [email protected] with your preferred location and dates.
3. Call us at (877) 842-3201. We are available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.
Spinnaker makes it easy to earn credits that can be used to lower your Association Fees or redeem for vacation stays at Spinnaker Resorts or through an exchange company. Look at all of these great ways to earn Spinnaker Rewards Credits (SRCs):
Owner Referral Program – Refer friends, family, colleagues, and anyone you think would benefit from visiting and learning more about Spinnaker Resorts by completing the online form. You’ll earn SRCs for each new referral you submit.
Bring a Friend Program – The Bring a Friend Program allows you to extend the Owners’ Only rental discount for weekly accommodations. You could receive 50 SRCs in your Rewards Account.
Friends and Family Discount Voucher – Extend discounted rental rates to your friends and family for any Spinnaker Resort in Hilton Head Island, SC; Ormond Beach, FL; or Branson, MO. Send the ‘Friends and Family Online Rental Discount Voucher’ by completing the online form. Your friends and family make their reservations and you earn SRCs.
Promotions – Find updates on special promotions and extra opportunities to earn Spinnaker Rewards Credits on your Owners’ website. Check often so you don’t miss anything!
We’ve had Owners pay their entire Association Fee for the year using Spinnaker Rewards Credits (SRCs)! And other Owners have received a free week vacation using their Rewards Credits.
Find out more about this very special Spinnaker Owner program and the ways you can earn and use your Reward Credits by visiting the Owners’ website. If you would like a Rewards Guide sent to you, email us at [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone about the program call (888) 809-4054.
LETS GET SOCIAL
Meet us where we’re always on vacation. Get great getaway tips, travel tales and fun activities.
Make sure you follow us on Facebook and tag us in your photos, videos, updates and check-ins! We are always away some fun Spinnaker swag like hats and sweatshirts on our Facebook pages that you have a chance to win.
If you aren’t yet doing so, make sure you follow us on all 4 of our Facebook pages so you can see all the regional resort stories shared and great vacation information we post. Click on these links and like the pages to follow us.
Main resort page: https://www.facebook.com/spinnakerresorts/
Hilton Head page: https://www.facebook.com/SpinnakerResortsHiltonHeadIsland/
Branson page: https://www.facebook.com/SpinnakerResortsBranson
Ormond Beach page: https://www.facebook.com/royalfloridian/
Always keep an eye out for your upcoming Spinnaker Resorts updates! We are constantly working to keep you – our Owners – aware of all the great resort developments that occur on an ongoing basis. We are always trying our best to give you the ultimate vacation.
Interested in a Spinnaker Vacation?
Get more info about Vacation Ownership, Special Offers, or Rental Availability.Request Info