Ormond Beach Celebrates Independence Day
If you’ve packed your suitcases, stuffed your car until you’re afraid to open a car door and hit the open road for a week at the beach AND it’s the Fourth of July during your week, then you’ve got to be thinking about where you are going to watch fireworks and celebrate. I’ve got a few suggestions for you!
- Ormond Beach Independence Day: Rockefeller Gardens will feature Brad Yakes & Mo’Mentum and upTUIT starting at 6:00 p.m. City Hall has music groups Tie Dye Road and Liquid Jade beginning at 6:00 p.m. “Patriotic Kids Corner” at Fortunato Park will feature games, crafts, activities, inflatable rides, face painting, balloon art, and more! Special appearances by Abe Lincoln, Ben Franklin, George and Martha Washington. This is the 17th year the event has been held on the corners of the Granada Bridge and now it attracts visitors from other states. Free shuttle service will be available from 6:00 p.m. until 9:45 p.m. on both sides of the bridge.
- Daytona Beach Band Shell: Free concert and Fourth of July fireworks at the historic amphitheater overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The music gets underway at 7:15 p.m. with a concert by The Alter Eagles – An Incredible Authentic Tribute to the Eagles. A Don-Henley look-alike/sing-alike on drums and a Glenn Frey clone on guitar and vocals bring an authentic Eagles representation to the stage. Sing along to all of your favorite songs by The Eagles! After the concert, enjoy fireworks over the ocean at 9:45 p.m.
- Fourth of July Beach Bash at the Ocean Deck in Daytona Beach: Music starts at 2:00 p.m. on the beach. Karaoke from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. with more music starting at 9:00 p.m. Fireworks will be over the Main Street Pier at 9:30 p.m. Ocean Deck is a great location to view the Main Street fireworks!
- Ponce Inlet Lighthouse 4th of July Celebration: Take a drive out to the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse for their celebration July 2-4 from 12 noon to 2:00 p.m. Explore the historical exhibits and climb the largest lighthouse in Florida.
- St. Augustine Fourth of July Fireworks and Concert: From 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. at Plaza de la Constitucion near the Bridge of Lions. Concert will feature local band All Star Orchestra followed by a fantastic fireworks show along the scenic and historic bayfront. See the sky light up over the historic Castillo de San Marcos. The fireworks show will play in time with a patriotic soundtrack. Street closures begin at 8:30 p.m. so make sure you are where you need to be if in St. Augustine on July 4th!
- City of Deland Firecracker Festival: Festivities begin at 5:00 p.m. in Earl Brown Park with a concert by singer/songwriter Johnny Buford followed by patriotic fireworks.
- New Smyrna Beach All-Day Independence Day Celebration: Beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the Canal Street Historic District, come on out for an art stroll, scavenger hunt, bed races, gallery walk, gourmet food trucks, street dancing and of course, fireworks!
You have no shortage in choices! I wish you a Happy Fourth of July next week! Have fun planning.