Fireworks on the Fourth
The busiest week on Hilton Head is less than a week away! Are you one of the many, many vacationers that have been ticking the days off on your vacation countdown itching with anticipation of sun, sand and saltwater? If so, not much longer to wait at all! If you’re still undecided as to where to spend your Independence Day celebration while on Hilton Head Island, here are some suggestions:
- Skull Creek Fourth of July Celebration: Skull Creek Boathouse and Hudsons will both have live music throughout the evening and are popular fireworks viewing locations. If you’re staying at any Spinnaker Resorts property the weekend of July 4, you can watch this firework display from Bluewater Resort & Marina. With the resort’s waterfront vantage point a stone’s throw from Hudsons and the Boathouse, you’ll have prime viewing! Live music from Atlanta sensation Reuben’s Bell at Boathouse begins at 6:00 p.m. The fireworks will begin approximately at 9:30 p.m. If you’re not viewing from Bluewater but wish to attend the Skull Creek fireworks celebration, free shuttle service is available from the Boys & Girls Club on Gumtree Road.
- If you head over to Bluewater Resort to watch the Skull Creek fireworks, the gates will open at 7:30 p.m. to currently registered owners and guests. There’ll be a small concession stand available for hot dogs, hamburgers, snacks and soft drinks. Coolers & picnic snacks, are ok but no glass containers. Bring your own seating!
- Independence Day at Harbour Fest: Shelter Cove Marina has long been a staple on Hilton Head in the fireworks and festive celebration scene. Every Tuesday there are fireworks at Shelter Cove. The 4th of July is the ultimate Shelter Cove Harbour Fest fireworks show! Children’s activities and entertainment begin at 6:30 p.m. with fireworks hitting the night’s sky at dusk.
- Fourth of July Celebration in Harbour Town: Fireworks with the Harbour Town lighthouse in the foreground has to be the most picturesque of all fireworks displays on the island during the 4th of July celebrations. Music begins at 5:00 p.m. with Mike Kavanaugh on Quarterdeck stage and Chilly Willy Band and Jelly begin both at 6:00 p.m. on other stages. Gregg Russell finishes off the music entertainment at 8:00 p.m. Kids zone activities, “Charlie the Alligator” visit and plenty of food & drink! Fireworks begin around 9:15 p.m. Complimentary shuttle service starts at 4:15 p.m. from the main parking lot just inside the gate. Remember there is a $6 entry fee to Sea Pines!
- River Street Fourth of July Celebration: The Independence day celebration kicks off with DJ MXM and live music featuring The Hypnotics on Arbor Stage from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Bring a blanket or chairs and get there early to secure a spot along the riverfront! Event hours are Saturday, 4:00 – 10:00 p.m.
There shouldn’t be any shortage of fun to be had on Hilton Head Island for the Fourth of July! We hope to see you. Come out for the festivities, wherever you choose to observe them from!