The Staff Accountant position is responsible for providing financial and accounting support for Southwind Management Corporation, the property management firm for Spinnaker Resorts, Inc. This position will assist with the compilation of financial and accounting records for multiple entities within our company, including: processing postings to the general ledger, the analysis of various operating entities and account reconciliation with appropriate adjustments. This position will must be able to produce accurate and timely reports and will also have a focus on budget preparation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the analysis of monthly operating results.
- Assist with preparation of monthly/year end accounting records.
- Assist with processing accounts payable vendor invoices.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Budget preparation.
- Complete account reconciliations.
- Post to General Ledger and make appropriate adjustments.
- Process credit card transactions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Dependability and must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Advanced skills with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Current or prior experience with accounting software including Peachtree or similar accounting programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail.