The Senior Staff Accountant position is responsible for providing financial and accounting support for Southwind Management Corp., a division of Spinnaker Resorts, Inc. This support includes assisting with the compilation of financial and accounting records for multiple entities within the timeshare industry, including: processing postings to the general ledger, analysis of various operating entities, and account reconciliations with appropriate adjustments. This position will also be responsible for producing accurate and timely reports and related work product, with a key focus on budget preparation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares daily, monthly and year-end accounting records.
- Analyzes financial statements and provides concise explanations for variances.
- Conducts general ledger postings and account analysis.
- Processes bank reconciliations.
- Assists with the budget preparation process.
- Completes account reconciliations.
- Processes credit card transactions.
- Assists with cash management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Must have 5 or more years relevant work experience in the Accounting field.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to transition from menial to analytical tasks daily.
- Dependability and ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Computer knowledge and fluency with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Accounting software including Sage 50 or similar accounting programs; Excel skills must be at an advanced-level.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS:
- Prior experience in Property Management Accounting preferred.