RETURN TO POSTINGS
Are you looking for an exciting full-time employment with an amazing benefits package? Looking to grow your skillsets, all while being part of a team of vacation professionals who get to make vacations enjoyable for owners and guests alike? If so, Spinnaker Resorts has an exciting career opportunity waiting for you! The Recreation Coordinator will coordinate onsite activity programs year round and be responsible for running programs and interacting with the owners and guests. Coordinator will be hospitable, friendly and helpful to owners and guests in providing guidance to ensure they have fun filled and enjoyable vacation experience. A person with an out-going personality, professional work ethic, reliable, and a proven team player is who we are looking for.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General knowledge of overall resorts operations.
- Work with vendors.
- 40 hour work week with occasional over time.
- Maintain supply inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local events, local points of interest and surroundings to direct guests.
- Run programs, such as guided kayak tours, arts and crafts, wine & cheese event, beach day, nature walks, bike tours, Ice cream social, etc.
- Answers guests’ questions and redirects other questions to the proper department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in the field of recreation.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Flexible work hours, 40-hour work week.
- Provide own transportation required for the job.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Good people skills and pleasant and helpful attitude.
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement/hot weather.
- Outgoing personality with string people skills.
- Able to work in ALL weather conditions including heat, cold, rain and sun.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Engage in water activities, bike riding and other physically demanding tasks as needed.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS A PLUS:
- Knowledge of nature and nature based activities.
- Knowledge of the area.
- Love of children and interest in child activities.