The Painter will be responsible for performing a variety of skilled and specialized painting and repair work on various interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applying coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisor and/or manager regarding painting.
- Preparing surfaces using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool. Remove old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Backup support to others, special projects as requested, and/or any legitimate business task within the scope of responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Any combination of education, training, and/or experience which demonstrates ability to perform the required duties; A typical qualifying background would include at least one (1) year experience as a painter.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, guests, vendors and the general public including the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb ladders/stairs, and lift 50+ lbs.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, and application techniques common to the painting trade.
- Knowledge and skill in hazardous materials handling, application, and proper disposal.
- Knowledge of text and display requirements for signage applications.
- Skill in the preparation and application of paints, stains, and surface preparation materials to a wide variety of surfaces.