RETURN TO POSTINGS
Under direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Painter performs a variety of skilled and specialized painting and repair work on various interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
- Reads work orders or receive instructions from supervisor and/or manager regarding painting.
- Prepares surfaces using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool. Remove old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Provides backup support to other staff, completes special projects as requested, and/or any completes legitimate business task within the scope of responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Must have basic math skills and also be able to walk extensively, climb ladders or stairs and be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must have knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, and application techniques common to the painting trade.
- Must have knowledge and skill in hazardous materials handling, application, and proper disposal.
- Must have knowledge of text and display requirements for signage applications.
- Must be skilled in the preparation and application of paints, stains, and surface preparation materials to a wide variety of surfaces.