JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Painter will work under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, performing a variety of skilled and specialized painting and repair work on various interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applying coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisor and/or manager regarding painting.
- Preparing surfaces using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool. Remove old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Backup support to others, special projects as requested, and/or any legitimate business task within the scope of responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, and application techniques common to the painting trade.
- Knowledge and skill in hazardous materials handling, application, and proper disposal.
- Knowledge of text and display requirements for signage applications.
- Skill in the preparation and application of paints, stains, and surface preparation materials to a wide variety of surfaces.
- Any combination of education, training, and/or experience which demonstrates ability to perform the required duties. A typical qualifying background would include at least one (1) year experience as a painter.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, guests, vendors and the general public including the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb ladders/stairs, and lift 50lbs or more.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with a Company Match (based on eligibility)
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules