The Outdoor Recreation Coordinator is responsible for all on-water and dock functions of our Bluewater Resort and Marina. This position will also be responsible for assisting or leading other resort activities, such as: arts and crafts, bike rides, pool games and informational talks as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the operation of the Bluewater Resort kayak and fishing programs and equipment use.
- Maintain and clean all fishing, kayaking and outdoor sporting equipment.
- Work in conjunction with other recreation and activities team members.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and safety measures are followed for the Bluewater Resort’s dock and recreational programs and areas.
- Serve as the on-water guide for all Bluewater kayaking program activities.
- Oversee the kayaking, fishing, crabbing and outdoor sport area equipment inventory.
- Will assist or lead in additional Resort activity programs such as: aqua fitness, bike rides, arts and crafts, children’s programs, pool games, cook-outs and lead guided shuttle tours to areas of local interests.
- Keep and maintain records of equipment use, program participation and inventory use.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior demonstrated experience working with recreational fishing or kayaking programs.
- Ability to demonstrate strong paddling skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work weekdays and weekends, as well as overtime as needed.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions, including: heat, cold, rain and sun.
- Must be willing and able to lift at least 50+ lbs.
- Positive, outgoing personality.
- Willing and able to obtain CPR certification.
OPTINAL SKILLS A PLUS:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Management, Hospitality Management or a related field preferred.
- Prior experience working with a timeshare and/or a hotel or resort preferred.