The Maintenance Technician is responsible for general maintenance conditions and the ongoing repairs of both the interior and exterior of buildings and grounds of all of our Resorts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Willing and able to perform exterior maintenance duties as required.
- Perform light plumbing duties, including with: faucets, disposals and drains, replacements, unclogging drains and toilets, and the replacement of hot water tank elements.
- Repair of appliances, including: the replacement of minor parts (i.e. – rollers on dishwashers, refrigerator door bars, icemakers and cleaning vent coils).
- Performing electrical duties, including: resetting of breakers, fuse replacement, single pole switches, receptacle replacement, photo cell replacement and replacement of exhaust fans.
- Maintaining all job sites and work areas as a Gold Crown standard.
- Using power equipment safely.
- Identifying common maintenance deficiencies in residential units.
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities as required to maintain the smooth operation of the Facilities department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience with general maintenance repair practices.
- Must possess general knowledge of residential repairs, including: plumbing, appliances, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, painting and flooring.
- Ability to understand written and verbal English instructions and the ability to carry out instructions with minimal or no direct supervision.
- Must possess good communication skills for interacting with owners and guests.
- Willing and able to perform moderate physical activity, including the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to work in unpleasant working or weather conditions.
- Willing and able to work weekends and overtime as required.