JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction and general supervision of the Manager, Maintenance and Assistant Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician will perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to maintain the machines, mechanical equipment, and/or the structure(s) on the property. Duties may include repairing electrical or mechanical equipment, installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment and repairing the interior of buildings or furniture. Other necessary activities as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor radio calls between/with the dispatch office and assist/respond as needed.
- Complete all work orders or projects in a timely and efficient manner (i.e., guest calls and routine maintenance).
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Investigate complaints and resolves problems within any buildings on property that may have refurbishment opportunities.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose small appliance malfunctions.
- Maintain accurate work records and logs.
- Maintain and clean any products or equipment used on a daily basis.
- Keep work areas clean and well organized and complete work assignments in a neat and efficient manner.
- Maintain and clean assigned golf carts.
- Ensure SDC Properties policies and procedures are followed daily.
- Perform and complete all work assigned safely and professionally according to safety rules and regulations.
- Participate in departmental staff meetings.
- Participate in training and coaching sessions as offered.
- Perform additional or different duties, from those set forth above, to address business needs and changing business practices as directed by the supervisor.
- Must be punctual with a positive attitude.
- Comply with the Company conservative grooming, uniform, and appearance standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years experience in facility maintenance.
- Knowledge of tools, materials, methods, and practices used in skilled and semi-skilled trade related to maintenance.
- Knowledge of power and manual tools and skilled in operation of.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions and procedures; proficient in the practice of.
- Knowledge of fire systems and the ability to respond to alarms.
- Ability to operate heavy and light power equipment as needed.
- Ability to write routine reports, keep logs, and correspondence.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply rules and regulations in accordance with established policies and procedures; including, but not limited to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, employees, and management.
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions individually and within a team.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict and manage difficult employee relation situations.
- Ability to assist and support others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
- Ability to multitask, follow-up, exhibit initiative and be a self-starter.
- Enforce a high standard of service excellence and seek to achieve a 4.7 or higher rating on RCI standards.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS
- Universal CFC/HVAC Certification
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with a Company Match (based on eligibility)
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules