The Maintenance Technician is responsible for general maintenance conditions and the repairs of both interior and exterior conditions of the buildings and grounds at our Resorts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Willing and able to perform exterior maintenance duties as required.
- Perform light plumbing duties, including with: faucets, disposals and drains, replacements, unclogging drains and toilets, and the replacement of hot water tank elements.
- Repair of appliances, including: the replacement of minor parts (i.e. – rollers on dishwashers, refrigerator door bars, icemakers and cleaning vent coils).
- Performing electrical duties, including: resetting of breakers, fuse replacement, single pole switches, receptacle replacement, photo cell replacement and replacement of exhaust fans.
- Maintaining all job sites and work areas as a Gold Crown standard.
- Using power equipment safely.
- Identifying common maintenance deficiencies in residential units.
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities as required to maintain the smooth operation of the Facilities department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience with general maintenance repair practices.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must possess general knowledge of residential repairs, including: plumbing, appliances, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, painting and flooring.
- Ability to understand written and verbal English instructions and the ability to carry out instructions with minimal or no direct supervision.
- Must possess good communication skills for interacting with owners and guests.
- Willing and able to perform moderate physical activity, including the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to work in unpleasant working or weather conditions.
- Willing and able to work weekends and overtime as required.