The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and the facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems. This role will also be responsible for helping to support the achievement of the Resort’s business goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible for the daily operation of the Maintenance department at Spinnaker’s French Quarter Resort and as needed at Spinnaker’s Palace View and Palace View Heights Resorts.
- Monitor staff performance on an on-going basis.
- Supervise the preparation of work schedules for staff.
- Ensure the Maintenance staff and yourself observe safety rules.
- Perform the daily management of Hotsos requests, including: tracking tickets, deferred tickets and guest calls.
- Recommend and purchase the necessary supplies and equipment for the on-going maintenance of all buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Assist in the arrangement for all emergency maintenance calls to be answered.
- Relay critical information about maintenance-related matters to the AGM for Maintenance.
- Follow-up on guest calls for: HVAC, issues with appliances, water heater issues or other guest comfort issues reported.
- Assist with the planning of renovations and making sure pools are up to Health Department standards.
- Follow-up with outside vendors and recommend vendors based on price and quality.
- Monitor all fire and safety inspections and ensure compliance with regulation by retaining copies of all compliance tests and provide the same information to the Facilities Management office.
- Assist with other special projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- General and technical knowledge in more than three of the following areas: residential electricity, plumbing, appliances, mechanical and general maintenance.
- Ability to train and supervise staff in all areas of maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience of budgeting skills and the ability to implement cost containment programs.
- Proficient in reading and writing in English.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, guests, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb ladders and stairs and lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls within 30 minutes while on-call.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS:
- 5 or more years of trade experience in a related or applicable field with supervisory experience desired.
- MS Word, Excel and email proficiency desired.