RETURN TO POSTINGS
Are you looking for an amazing career that you can both love and have fun? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Spinnaker Resorts is hiring for a full-time Maintenance Supervisor.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you looking for an amazing career that you can both love and have fun? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Spinnaker Resort is hiring for a full-time Lead Houseman with a Summer Incentive Bonus of an additional $3.00 per hour. To directly assist the Department Manager to maintain facilities, buildings, equipment, grounds and manage staff in a highly presentable vacation resort.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide supervisory assistance to the Department Manager ensuring Departmental Staff quality of work, job performance, and job completion.
- Assist in the daily operations and management of the maintenance department at Palace View Resort, Palace View Heights Resort, and French Quarter Resort.
- Assist in maintaining staff performance and work accountability for work completed as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Maintain and Update the Maintenance projects file.
- Assist in oversight of Department employee training programs and ensure employee raining tracking files are updated and timely.
- Supervise daily staff assignments and resource allocation.
- Maintain a productive relationship with outside vendors. Work diligently with vendors to ensure a competitive bid process. When assigned, be point-of-contact on outside vendor projects monitoring progress and quality of work. Communicate regularly with Department Manager with updates on job/project progress and work quality.
- Assist in monitoring staff performance ensuring standards are in accordance with quality expectations and Unit Quality Assurance Program (UQAP) practices.
- Be committed to the mission of Southwind Management Corp “to establish a lifelong relationship with our owners and guests and to guide them through a
- Recommend and purchase the necessary supplies and equipment for the on-going maintenance of all buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Oversee and monitor maintenance inventories, providing monthly reports as assigned by the Maintenance Department Manager.
- Seek out and execute cost controls in all areas of responsibility.
- Supervise and ensure the timely execution of all preventative maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment.
- Provide assistance and support on special projects as requested by Management, and/or any legitimate business task within the scope of responsibilities.
- Monitor all fire and safety inspections, and ensure compliance with regulations retaining copies of all compliance tests and also provide the same information to the Facilities Management office.
- Ensure that all safety rules are observed by maintenance staff.
- Know tornado, fire, and disaster procedures and help coordinate evacuation efforts if necessary.
- Assist in preparing and monitor long-range capital expenditure projections for all properties.
- Assist in planning renovation projects.
- Relay critical information about matters related to maintenance to the Maintenance Department Manager.
- Perform any other duties as requested and/or assigned in order to maintain the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department in all area of responsibility.
- When requested, recommend vendors based on price and quality.
- Assist in supervising and ensuring efficient management and observation for work being issued and completed via HotSOS maintenance service order system. Develop personal efficiency and competency in use-of, functionality-of HotSOS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient in reading and writing English. Word, Excel & e-mail proficiency desired.
- General and technical knowledge in more than three of the following areas: residential electricity, plumbing, appliance, mechanical and general maintenance.
- Ability to train and supervise staff in all areas of maintenance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, guests, vendors and the general public, using tact and poise.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required and respond to emergency calls within 30 minutes while on-call.
- Knowledge and experience of budgeting skills, and ability to implement cost containment programs.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb ladders, stairs and lift 50lbs or more.
- Desire 5+ Years trade experience in related or applicable field with supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.