RETURN TO POSTINGS
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Property Manager manages and supervises daily maintenance and operations of all grounds, villas, buildings and associated systems and equipment within assigned resort property. Property Manager will oversee daily routine tasks, service order requests and project work performed by Maintenance Technicians and as assigned by Facilities Manager.
Property Manager will be the onsite contact for all resort maintenance concerns and may be called upon to interact with and resolve complaints related to resort maintenance and grounds from resort owners, guests and employees.
Property Manager will be accountable for the upkeep and inspection of resort specific villa interiors, building exteriors, grounds, resort amenities and assets and must be cognizant of how resort maintenance practices affect other departments. Good communication skills are a must to ensure easy flow of information with upper management, team members, contractors and resort guests. Good teamwork skills and the ability to delegate work activities are essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities are heavily weighed on contributions performing in the field inspections, management and supervision of staff and staff’s work product (including contractors) approximately 80%. Balance is expected to be hands-on technical or administrative work approximately 20%.
- Responsibilities to include, assigning and directing work and service orders utilizing HOTSOS. Manages work flow and the completion of daily, weekly, monthly and annual service orders based on Preventative Maintenance (PM) program.
- Perform daily review of HOTSOS ticket orders to ensure completion of tasks coupled with follow up inspections to ensure work is performed to SMC standards. Ensure employee productivity and work quality expectations are met.
- Performs thorough routine resort villa and site inspections, generates work orders and follows up to ensure completion of assigned tasks to SMC standards. Villa and follow up inspections are to be performed on a daily basis.
- Regularly Inspects major equipment and machinery to ensure such items are in good and safe operating condition.
- Manages and performs preventative maintenance, troubleshoots problems and makes upgrade recommendations for HVAC, roofing, interior and exterior of Resort buildings and grounds when necessary and based on Preventative Maintenance (PM) program.
- Responsible for employment decisions, disciplinary actions, writing and conducting performance evaluations and technician development/training. Trains and mentors individuals on new and established maintenance procedures.
- Works with contractors at the direction of Facilities Manager before, during and after to ensure projects are completed to job specification and SMC standards. Report deficiencies in work product, quality, site safety and cleanliness to Facilities Manager.
- Makes recommendations to Facilities Manager in regards to non-routine maintenance projects needed to maintain or improve the villas, buildings, grounds and equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of Facilities Management or Supervisory (Lead Technician) experience.
- Basic Mechanical background with some knowledge of electricity, heating and air conditioning.
- Available for evening, weekend and on-call work.
- Basic understanding of Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to present information properly using discretion when dealing with upper management, team members, contractors and resort guests.
- Ability to organize, supervise and lead staff across multiple locations.
- Demonstrates consistently proper management skills whereby maintaining professional demeanor and composure when dealing with employee conflict. Maintains objectivity and is skilled at deescalating conflict while promoting teamwork.
- Prior resort hospitality experiences a plus.