The Lead Painter will be responsible for supervising and performing journeyman level painting work common to the maintenance of surfaces of buildings, fixtures and equipment commonly found in resort establishments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, and assign painting jobs.
- Identify areas where painting is required.
- Maintain and document potential painting projects.
- Prepares cost estimates for projects involving painting and recommends cost savings.
- Responsible for establishing job standards for subordinate staff and effectively evaluating staff.
- Organize and schedule painting assignments.
- Maintain satisfactory inventory levels.
- Assures the timely availability of materials
- Ensure high level of quality from painters.
- Train painters on applications preparation.
- Perform any additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have at least 1 or more years of experience as a painter.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, guests, vendors and the general public including the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb ladders/stairs, and lift 50+ lbs.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing.