The Lead Houseman is responsible for supervising other Houseman and will deliver and pick up linen bags needed to clean all timeshare properties. This role will lift and separate large quantities of linen and operate all laundry equipment and will also be responsible for helping make shipments and stocking supply and be responsible for fulfilling work orders to include minimal cleaning. This position requires flexible availability working both morning, afternoon, and evening shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately deliver coded linen bags to each unit.
- Use Housekeeping equipment safely.
- Use cleaning supplies safely and appropriately for job.
- Perform basic Housekeeping duties including: cleaning common area bathrooms.
- Taking guest requests and deliveries.
- Use a ladder and other equipment safely.
- Communicate with guests and all employees.
- Use laundry equipment safely.
- Accurately pack linen bags.
- Responsible for supervision and coordination amongst Housemen.
- Follow up with housemen throughout the day to ensure tasks are being performed in a timely matter.
- Prioritize work orders by level of importance.
- Perform any other duties as requested in the Housekeeping Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must have a neat, clean appearance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- Ability to walk extensively and be on feet 8 hours a day.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others and give orders.
- Ability to work safely and responsibly without constant supervision.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have 1+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays or overtime as needed.
- Good organizational skills.