JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The evening Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing the overall daily operation of the housekeeping department in a manner so as to ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times in villas and public areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the daily workload of the hotel housekeeping staff consisting of Housekeepers, Common Area Housekeepers, and Housemen, including planning, organizing, and tasking staff to accomplish the goals set forth above.
- Assist with establishing daily routines and workloads for staff, including utilitizing Hot SOS to generate tasks for individual employees, to monitor time management, and job performance, as well as to improve efficiency.
- Provide input to Housekeeping Manager related to staff evaluations, training, progress, and abilities. Communicate necessary information to Housekeeping Manager so as to enable him/her to make proper staffing decisions.
- To be responsible for the lead role in inspecting hotel rooms, being hands on in corrections, and the delivery of customer service.
- Oversee and inspect the work performed by the hotel employees in their assigned jobs by routinely inspecting common areas at all locations, including reporting maintenance issues to the appropriate individuals.
- Work closely and communicate with the Housekeeping Manager and Housekeeping associates to ensure a smooth daily operation of the Housekeeping Dept.
- Track inventory of guest supplies, condo items, linens, terry and operational supplies, including taking inventory and preparing orders for the Housekeeping Manager.
- Oversee the inventory and restocking of all Housekeeping storage closets at all assigned properties.
- Assist in coordinating all projects being performed in hotel, including, but not limited to, taking all steps necessary to bring each project to successful completion in the allotted timeframe, reporting progress and/or problems to the Housekeeping Manager, on a regular and timely basis.
- Cover Housekeeping Office and/or Manager’s days off or during vacations or absence.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all equipment, making arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Assist with recruiting and training all new Housekeeping staff members.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the Housekeeping Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Previous experience supervising team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate business needs, having the flexibility to quickly adapt to changing situations with ease. Ability to multitask.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills.
- Excellent (English) oral and written communication skills for interaction with the public, guests, staff, and cleaning contractors, while using tact and poise.
- Experienced in interacting effectively with all levels of management, guests, staff, vendors, contractors, both inside and outside of the company.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Demonstrated sound organizational skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Administrative skills to include typing ability. Computer literate; proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Pleasant personality, ability to be tactful and maintain professional composure at all times when working with people.
- Ability to quickly learn and have a full understanding of new software programs including SPI and Hot SOS.
- Good organizational skills; ability to maintain accurate files on a variety of projects.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions and carry them out without direct supervision.
- This is an evening position. Must be willing to work weekends and some holidays. Must be flexible as to scheduling due to vacations and time off of other staff.
- 2-4 years supervisory experience in housekeeping and/or hospitality field.
- Must be able to climb stairs and be on feet for the majority of an 8-hour day.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with a Company Match (based on eligibility)
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules