The Housekeeping Supervisor position is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing the overall daily operation of the Housekeeping Department related to our timeshare units, which are done in a manner to ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times in all villas and public areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the daily workload of the Housekeeping staff at our timeshare properties, which consists of common area Housekeepers and Housemen, including planning, organizing, and tasking staff to accomplish department goals.
- Assists with establishing daily routines and workloads for staff, including utilizing HotSOS, to generate tasks for individual employees, to monitor time management and job performance, as well as to improve efficiency.
- Communicates necessary information to Lead Housekeeping Supervisor and the Housekeeping Manager to enable them to make proper staffing decisions.
- Is responsible for inspecting timeshare units, being hands-on in corrections and the delivery of customer service to owners and guests.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by staff in their assigned jobs by routinely inspecting all common areas at all locations, including reporting maintenance issues to the appropriate individuals.
- Works closely and communicates with the Lead Housekeeping Supervisor, the Housekeeping Manager and all Housekeeping associates to ensure a smooth daily operation of the Housekeeping department.
- Tracks inventory of all guest supplies, condo items, linens, terry and operational supplies, including taking inventory and preparing orders for the Housekeeping Manager.
- Oversees the inventory and restocking of all Housekeeping storage closets at assigned properties.
- Assists with the coordination of all projects being performed at our timeshare resorts, including, but not limited to: taking all steps necessary to bring each project to successful completion in the allotted timeframe, reporting progress on all assigned tasks and/or any additional problems to the Lead Housekeeping Supervisor or the Housekeeping Manager, on a regular and timely basis.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment, making arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the Housekeeping department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess at least 2 to 4 years of experience supervising a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development in Housekeeping and/or the hospitality industry.
- Must have the ability to anticipate business needs, having the flexibility to quickly adapt to changing situations with ease and the ability to multitask.
- Capable of using independent judgment and must have solid decision-making skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) for interaction with all levels of management, guests, staff, vendors and housekeeping contractors.
- Must have excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must have a positive personality and must be able to maintain composure at all times when working with and supervising other co-workers.
- Must possess outstanding administrative skills, including demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Willingness to learn different software programs including SPI and HotSOS.
- Must be able to work on your feet for up to 8 hours per day and must be able to life up to 35 lbs.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Spanish.