The Housekeeping Inspector/Cleaner will be responsible for ensuring that guests have a trouble free vacation by inspecting assigned Resort room arrivals, as well as vacant and clean rooms. This role will also assist with getting supplies ready for the weekend turnovers, making up amenity bags and bins for the Waterside Resort, helping to clean/re-clean rooms as needed and perform any additional tasks as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routinely inspects timeshare villas for the quality of contracted cleaning and communicating deficiencies to management for follow up with contractors.
- Will complete daily inspections of departure cleans at the Resort as well.
- Checks the villa’s inventory count (towels, kitchen items, etc.).
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to the Maintenance staff.
- Assists the Housekeeping team in completing any deliveries of needed supplies.
- Organizes and restocks the Housekeeping storage rooms and closets.
- Assists with cleaning Resort villas and/or responding to re-clean requests as needed.
- Performs any additional duties or tasks as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to anticipate the needs of the business, including: having the flexibility to quickly adapt to changing situations in a calm, professional manner and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills with little or no supervision.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with the public, guests, staff, and cleaning contractors, while using tact and poise.
- Must be experienced in interacting effectively with all levels of Management, Supervisors, guests, staff, vendors, and contractors, both inside and outside of the company.
- Must be self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Demonstrated sound organizational skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must have an upbeat, positive personality, the ability to be tactful and must maintain professional composure at all times when working with other people.
- Ability to understand and utilize the property management system (SPI), and reporting system (HotSOS).
- Good organizational skills; ability to maintain accurate files on a variety of projects.
- Must be willing and able to work both weekends and holidays, as well as have flexible availability during the weekdays as well.