The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning units and common areas which include: lobbies, model units, rest rooms, activity buildings, offices, hallways, stairways and elevators. This position will complete these responsibilities by vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms and mopping floors, all while ensuring that these areas and units are all immaculate and guest ready.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic housekeeping duties.
- Use housekeeping equipment safely.
- Use cleaning supplies safely and appropriately for assigned tasks.
- Prepare cleaning carts with all supplies in order to complete assigned tasks.
- Discard all trash in appropriate locations.
- Put all dirty linen in its appropriate location or container.
- Perform any other housekeeping duties as requested to maintain clean areas and satisfied guests.
- Provide backup support to others, complete special projects as requested, and/or complete any legitimate business tasks as assigned within the scope of responsibilities.
- Ensure that all safety rules are observed.
- Practice and encourage the proper safety procedures for all equipment, chemical use and physical exertion that involves bending, lifting, and climbing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must have general knowledge in housekeeping procedures and operations.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills (including the ability to speak, read, and understand English) for interaction with employees and guests.
- Ability to crawl, bend, climb stairs, walk extensively and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must possess good organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work safely and responsibly without constant supervision.
- Must be able to meet quality and quantity requirements consistently.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS:
- Have at least 1 or more years of Housekeeping experience.