The Groundskeeper is responsible for supplementing maintenance, landscaping and the management efforts to keep our Resort in a clean, safe and orderly condition. By maintaining high company standards, this position will be responsible for supporting the company’s mission of creating memorable vacation experiences for all of our owners and guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will contribute to the achievement of occupancy goals by providing daily attention to the appearance of resort buildings, grounds and common areas.
- Will be responsible for the maintenance of various Resort facilities, including: pool care and maintenance, laundry rooms, cleaning and inspecting barbecues, fixtures and drains.
- Will be responsible for trash removal to dumpsters, cleaning and blowing off walkways, power washing buildings and balconies, light maintenance duties such as room inspections and light grounds work such as cleaning garden areas.
- Provides backup assistance to Maintenance staff and completes special projects as requested.
- Remains informed and aware of conditions that could have an impact on our ability to maintain a high quality environment for our owners and guests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb ladders and stairs and lift 50+ lbs.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as required.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS:
- Have at least 1 or more years of experience relevant to light maintenance, grounds keeping and/or janitorial experience preferred.