RETURN TO POSTINGS
This position will provide significant leadership and management oversight to various operational departments to include Facilities, Housekeeping, Front Desk and Activities, to ensure that smooth operations at the Resort level. This position oversees the financial and operational balance to ensure owner/guest satisfaction at the Resort level. The General Manager wil also oversee their assigned Resort and associated HOA budget with input from any associated HOA Board and in compliance with the Property Management Division’s fiduciary responsibility to the HOA members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directing staff to achieve exceptional internal and external presentation of resort to ensure high standards and working condition of all amenities.
- Primary liaison between on-site Vacation Ownership Sales, Marketing and Operations in order to maintain cooperative and mutually supportive atmosphere.
- Primary liaison between Resort staff, Owners and Guests.
- Interview and hire all Lead/Supervisory/Departmental Management personnel in accordance with Management company hiring guidelines, review and approval process. Review and approve hiring of all staff personnel.
- Set and adjust all rates of pay in accordance with budget.
- Responsible for orientation, training and evaluation programs for employees and managers, as well as directing daily workflow.
- Responsible for all employee disciplinary and termination decisions and procedures in accordance with established Human Resources guidelines.
- Terminations must be reviewed for final approval by Director of Human Resources.
- Provide employees with information and access regarding company HR policies/benefits and employee protected rights. (i.e., FMLA, Worker’s Comp, etc.).
- Develop and maintain records of ongoing safety program to ensure the safety and security of all staff, owners and guests.
- Ensure operation of Resort within all legal guidelines including, but not limited to, Employee Relations, Health and Safety, General Use and Contracts.
- Conduct staff and safety meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Develop yearly operating budget for HOA in conjunction with Regional General Manager to be submitted for final approval by the Board of Directors, utilizing discretionary power in application of budgeted funds to meet the needs of the resort operation.
- Maintain and update Resort reserve study, work with RGM on reserve projects and planning.
- Participate in quarterly and annual HOA meetings. Responsible for assisting with semiannual HOA newsletter.
- Provide monthly departmental Operational Summary reporting to RGM.
- Interface with city government and civic groups to ensure proper community relations.
- Negotiate all vendor contracts.
- Work with SDC Designate to develop marketing and sales efforts to rent/utilize unsold/unused unit nights.
- Work closely with Collections and Owner Services departments in order to minimize HOA delinquency.
- Take lead in coordinating Emergency preparation and recovery (Natural Disasters). Effectively utilizing Spinnaker Disaster plan.
- Respond to all guests concerns, complaints and suggestions.
- Review, monitor and respond to both Internal and Exchange affiliate program guest comment card feedback and address appropriately with department managers/supervisors.
- Provide and support recognition for outstanding contributions by resort team members.
- Inspect villas and grounds regularly to ensure high standards.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing preventative maintenance program and villa inspection program.
- Ensure high standards by maintaining direct involvement with the daily operating procedures of all departments to ensure Owner and Guest satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or a related field.
- Approximately 3 years of Resort/Hotel General Manager Experience to include focus on Facilities and Housekeeping and Guest Relations.
- Several years of experience in the hospitality field with a focus on Timeshare/HOAs or Hotel/budgets.
- Strong financial aptitude, experience with budgets and financial oversight.
- Understanding and experience with contract negotiations and legal implications.
- Several years of management experience to include hiring, evaluations, motivating, counseling and implementing corrective action with a successful outcome.
- Successful history of hiring and supporting managers in a positive/professional team atmosphere.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include skilled at developing professional supportive working relationships with peer group to foster team environment/collaboration/success for the company as a whole.
- Leadership style – Team before Self.
- Proven success in leading/developing a strong team culture.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal and presentation skills).
- Experience presenting to BOARDs.
- Excellent computer skills to include MS Office.
- Ability and experience in developing or re-engineering efficient procedures.
- Ability and desire to walk property frequently monitoring staff/contractor results.
- Keen eye for detail for in Villa inspections from an owners/guests perspective (i.e., verify working conditions/comfort/cleanliness of Villa amenities).
- Successful reference check and criminal background check.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing.