JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
To plan, coordinate, implement, oversee, and manage all the administrative duties for the King’s Creek Front
Desk. Function as a management contact for issues regarding guest conflicts and resolutions to initiate
prompt satisfaction. Ensure established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and standard
guidelines and guests are handled both courteously and professionally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of information concerning all aspects of King’s Creek Resort in
order to function as the primary information source for guests.
- Assist in establishing on-going standard procedural guidelines and daily checklists for efficient and
effective Front Desk operations.
- Investigate, respond, and resolve guest issues promptly when staff escalates to management level.
- Ensure all daily posting, cash and credit card transactions, account settlements and deposits are
- Maintain sufficient standard stock items needed to perform daily business operations and prepare
purchase orders for all necessary supplies.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly staff schedules to ensure shift coverage and payroll expenses meet
or fall below budget allocations.
- Prepare weekly payroll and submit to Human Resources following the established deadlines.
- Coordinate with Human Resources on all staff job descriptions, ensure all job descriptions are up to
date, reviewed with and sign by staff.
- Maintain responsibilities for hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, counseling, disciplining and
discharge (if necessary) of assigned department staff; coordinate with Human Resources on advertising
- Develop and implement training/coaching program focusing on guest satisfaction and employee
development, including but not limited to performance evaluations, customer service, and corrective
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and make recommendations for annual merit increases.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and administer disciplinary action. Communicate and receive
approval from Human Resources regarding pending terminations.
- Ensure company and departmental policies and procedures are implemented and followed by staff.
- Develop, perform, and monitor safe work practices for the department.
- Develop, promote, and display a teamwork environment among staff to attain departmental goals and
- Respond to emergency calls/questions after hours.
- Assist other managers/departments as needed and requested.
- Maintain knowledge of all tickets offered to guests and the associated costs.
- Maintain open line of communication with other departments, particularly Maintenance, Sales and
Human Resources to ensure coordination of work and/or timely exchange of information regarding
Guest Relations operations that may impact operations of other departments.
- Perform additional or different duties, from those set forth above, to address business needs and
changing business practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Desire an AA, BS or BA in hospitality management, business management, minimum High School
Diploma, GED, or relevant equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years Guest Relations experience required. Background in hospitality and timeshare industry
- Knowledge of property management and/or hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of timeshare operations, vacation ownership, and its exchange companies.
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, routines, and equipment.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft® Office products and proficient in the usage of.
- Knowledge of computers and skilled in the usage of.
- Strong ability to pay close attention to detail and problem solve with effective and prompt resolutions
while using good judgement.
- Strong ability to multi-task using excellent organizational and planning skills, emphasis on detail,
prioritizing tasks and sense of urgency
- Ability to provide and be an advocate of superior customer service to effectively deal with internal and
external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience and tact as well as diplomacy to defuse
anger, collect factual information, and resolve conflict to resolution.
- Ability to lead, supervise, and manage subordinate staff.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply rules and regulations in accordance with established
policies and procedures, remain flexible to change and support changes.
- Ability to communicate effectively; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, employees, and
BENEFITS (BASED ON ELIGIBILITY)
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with a Company Match (based on eligibility)
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules