The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for expanding our company’s footprint in the market via Social Networks with creativity and passion. This role will act as liaison across the internet through participation in online conversations by answering questions, offering solutions, mediating conversations and creating video and promotional content for feeds and sparking discussion on various social networking sites. The role will be responsible for maintaining daily activity on existing social media sites and expanding to new sites if it makes sense, as well as creating new ways to drive customer engagement, promote the brand and assist with lead generation.
This role will positively influence customer behavior across new social media channels, analyzing customer initiated conversations and advising appropriate Marketing, Sales and Customer/Owner Service teams as needed. The position will also help develop content for posting on all designated social media outlets (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Google+), monitoring online competitor presences/perceptions, researching new blogs and channels for relevance/trend identification, reporting “chatter” and other relevant online data, and maintaining posting schedules. Success in this role will be measured primarily based on the Editorial/Posting Calendar and Key Performance Indicator Tracking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for creating and implementing a social strategy that correlates with all other Marketing channels/campaigns.
- Research top influencers, competitors and trends in our industry, including platforms and tools, to ensure Spinnaker is current across all digital platforms. This may include attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts (where applicable).
- Continue to customize social media pages (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram) and develop original content and create presence where needed. Investigate and recommend new and unique platforms.
- Monitor sites for customer service opportunities and initiate conversations.
- Create and execute a Social Media Strategy for Spinnaker for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Google+.
- Analyze and report social media actions on a weekly and monthly basis for successes and new opportunities.
- Develop and institute reporting based on social media KPIs (Key Performance Indicators); Continue to refine and define our Social Marketing process.
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals.
- Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments.
- Act as the advocate of social media integration within Spinnaker. Maintain companywide social media guidelines and education/training of any required employees.
- Write/develop content and creative for email marketing program and blogs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
- Proven success in creating content for video, blogs and user-generated platforms.
- Strong written communication skills (including proofreading) are required as well as proficiency in social media networking channels and a foundational knowledge of marketing.
- Must be strategic and a creative self-starter with a passion for social media.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and social media marketing platforms.
- Have the ability and desire to analyze complex business challenges and come up with solutions.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of the Hotel and Tourism industry a plus.