RETURN TO POSTINGS
The Collections Manager is responsible for the development and management of the Homeowner Associates’ collection programs and also for the training and supervision of the Collections team on a day-to-day basis. This position also monitors and directs staff production, while ensuring goals are both met and exceeded. This position will also ensure that staff collections efforts comply with company standards and Federal and State debt collection laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop collection programs to maximize collection results and/or the recovery of delinquent inventory.
- Participate in daily collection efforts for HOA delinquencies.
- Provide accurate daily, weekly, monthly and YTD timely reporting showing the progress of collection efforts.
- Handle escalated calls from owners.
- Review and approve settlement agreements and payment plans.
- Manage accounts for assignment to outside collection agencies.
- Verify owner records, in-put data and notes in SPI, collect payments.
- Process and send accounts to attorney for foreclosure filing in coordination with the Titles Department.
- Work with other departments when requested and as necessary.
- Provide ongoing training and motivation for staff.
- Develop standard operating procedures for the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 5 or more years of relevant experience working in a Management or Supervisory role.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency is MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Full understanding of Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, applicable state laws, and collection techniques.
- Must have knowledge of resort timeshare rules and regulations.