JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide ongoing Management and Leadership for maintenance and care of facilities, buildings, equipment, grounds and maintenance staff in a highly presentable Gold Crown (RCI) 5-Star (II) vacation interval resort Facilities Department operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With Assistant General Manager, will conduct the following: training, discipline, review performance and discharge (when necessary) all maintenance staff.
- Responsible for supervision of the daily operation for French Quarter Resort maintenance department tasks and task completion. Will also assist with similar assignment at Palace View Resort and Palace View Heights Resort when directed by Facilities AGM.
- Manage and supervise maintenance related SDC best practices, tasks, projects, and preventative maintenance Department initiatives.
- Manage and supervise daily staff task assignments related to HotSOS generated service ticket task management and completion.
- Manage the overall functionality for HotSOS in a manner that is most effective and efficient for overall Department operations.
- Project Management: Maintain, manage, and update Maintenance Department projects; prioritize, plan, organize, implement, assign direct and allocated resources for various projects as agreed to by the Assistant General Manager. Be intentional in communicating project planning, status, and completion to all Departments affected.
- Directly manage and supervise all Preventative Maintenance (PM) strategies, files, and assignments.
- With Assistant General Manager, directly manage and supervise department employee training programs updating employee files to track employee training progress and proficiency; to include new employee training and on-going existing employee training.
- Serve as the French Quarter Facilities Department’s primary member of the unit quality assurance program (UQAP) team; meeting weekly with Housekeeping and front of the house leadership to evaluate, inspect, and determine actionable items to be addressed resulting in exceptional unit, property, facility, and grounds overall quality.
- Directly manage, supervise, and develop all Energy Saving Initiative Plans, Green Eco Friendly Plans, and any other initiatives assigned and agreed to under the direction of the Regional General Manager.
- Monitor on-going staff performance using coaching, counseling, and progressive discipline practices.
- Supervise preparation of work schedules for staff. Monitor staff punctuality addressing unacceptable staff practices as outlined in the SDC Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a productive relationship with outside vendors and contractors.
- Be committed to The Mission of Spinnaker Resorts, Inc. to establish a lifelong relationship with our owners and guests and to guide them through a memorable vacation experience, primarily through our committed, experienced, knowledgeable, and caring staff.
- Assist in the arrangement for all emergency maintenance calls to be answered.
- Assist the Facilities AGM as requested.
- Initiate direct follow up on guest calls that affect “guest comfort”; examples – HVAC, Appliances, Water Heater issues and any other “guest comfort” issues. See that the guest is satisfied with Department efforts.
- Expected to be working “in the field” a minimum of 85% of the workday.
- Assist the maintenance staff members in troubleshooting as needed.
- SDC employees are expected to present a clean, neat professional and tasteful appearance. All employees should dress and groom according to the requirements of their position and standards set at the department level. Uniforms are to be kept clean, ironed and presentable. It is the employee’s responsibility to bring it to their manager’s attention timely if uniforms have become worn and need to be replaced. As an Assistant Manager you are expected to set and be an example of the standards expected of both in presentation and service provided.
- Point of contact for projects at French Quarter.
- Communicate issues/repairs/progress to Manager.
- Be point of contact for all properties on manager’s days off.
- Oversee all necessary purchasing of supplies and equipment providing for the on-going maintenance of all buildings, condo units, grounds, and equipment.
- Manage all quality of work expectations to be performed by staff. Put in place accountability standards, measures, and expectations. Address quality work expectation short-comings in a timely and direct manner with individual staff as necessary.
- Seek out and execute cost controls in all areas of purchasing, spending, and contracting for services.
- Manage and over-see On-Call staff duty responsibilities making sure staff are capable and accessible to serve properly in this role.
- Conduct periodic safety training addressing high risk and OSHA related topics. Coordinate OSHA contract vendor Brittney to inspect and train staff per contract arrangements.
- Monitor all fire and safety inspections and ensure compliance with regulations, retaining copies of all compliance tests and also provide the same information to the Facilities Management office.
- Monitor, inspect, ensure compliance, and train staff on all necessary Health Department compliance concerns (e.g., pool inspections, playground regulations, etc.)
- Monitor, inspect, ensure compliance, and training on all elevator safety procedures.
- Ensure that all safety rules are observed by maintenance staff.
- Know tornado, fire, and disaster procedures and help coordinate evacuation efforts if necessary.
- Fully understand and serve as a primary contact for ACTION incident reporting procedures.
- Maintain an overall sense of urgency and awareness of Department tasks having direct operational effect on other departments; specifically timely communication that keeps Housekeeping and Front of the House informed when it may affect them.
- With Assistant General Manager, manage competitive project bid procedures recommending vendors based on price and work quality.
- Assist in preparing and monitor long-range capital (Reserves) expenditure projections for all properties.
- Assist in planning renovation projects.
- Manage all Department related tasks involved with new construction projects.
- Relay critical information about matters related to Maintenance Staff, physical plant(s), operational concerns, and any other Department related matters to the Assistant General Manager – Facilities.
- Perform any other duties as requested and/or assigned in order to maintain the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department in all area of responsibility.
Given that we are in the hospitality industry and operations are 24 hours, 7 days per week, schedules will vary by department based on seasonality and business needs. All employees are encouraged to recognize there is a certain level of flexibility expected based on legitimate business situations. For office staff, slight variations of start and end times are available by department based on business needs. However, once a schedule is determined, employees should ensure they are timely based on their established schedule. Requests for schedule adjustments should be submitted to your immediate manager and may be considered if it meets the needs of the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient in reading, writing, and communicating in English.
- General and technical knowledge in maintenance procedures and operations as well as tools and equipment and proper use of chemicals.
- Ability to train and supervise staff in all areas of maintenance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, guests, vendors, contractors, and the general public using tact & poise.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as needed.
- Respond to emergency calls within 30 minutes when on-call.
- Knowledge and experience of budgeting and the ability to assist with implementing cost containment programs and manage inventory.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb stairs, and lift 30 lbs or more.
- Desire 2+ years supervisory experience in related or applicable field.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to be attentive to details
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
By my signature below, I acknowledge that I have received, reviewed, and understand the above job description. I further acknowledge that I am capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. I further acknowledge that this job description and my duties may be changed from time to time at the discretion of SDC Properties with or without notice. This job description does not provide me with any contractual rights and does not change my at-will employment status.
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules