JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
To plan, coordinate, implement, oversee and manage all the administrative duties for the Egret Point, Cottages, Carolina Club, Southwind Resorts and SR Hotel which includes the Maintenance and Housekeeping Department. Execute the assigned duties associated with creating a highly presentable Gold Crown (RCI) and Premier (II) vacation interval resort Maintenance and Housekeeping Department Operation. Interact directly with owners, guests, vendors, Department managers and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain responsibilities for hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, counseling, disciplining and discharge (if necessary) of assigned department staff.
- Maintain responsibilities for training assigned department staff on HOTSOS and SPI, coaching and troubleshooting of SPI and HOTSOS systems, assist with supply inventory tracking and assett tracking for reserve analysis and schedules.
- General management responsibly for the implementation and oversight of all Maintenance and Housekeeping daily operations including superior guest service, check-in, check-out, SPI or similar program proficiency, effective interdepartmental interaction and staff management including task delegation to Department Manager (as assigned).
- General management responsibility for the daily operation of the Maintenance and Housekeeping. Monitor staff performance continuously and in an on-going basis (as assigned).
- Maintain oversight for preparation of staff related work schedules (as assigned).
- Establish procedures, inform and train personnel in standard practices and procedures for performing job specific tasks related to HOTSOS, the use of equipment and observance of practices all in accordance with the SDC Properties Employee Handbook (as assigned).
- Monitor staff performance continuously and in an on-going basis (as assigned).
- Be committed to “The mission of Spinnaker Resorts” – to establish a lifelong relationship with our owners and guests and to guide them through a memorable vacation experience, primarily through our committed, experienced, knowledgeable and caring staff.
Specific Tasks and Assignments
- Maintain a regular schedule of walking the properties; generally observing the grounds and performing room inspections.
- Interacting with owners and guests for the purpose of gaining feedback and providing exceptional guest service.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for interaction on Owner Service related issues and concerns as they might relate to property management and property related concerns. Work cooperatively with Maintenance and Housekeeping Department Managers in bringing resolution to issues and concerns.
- Manage the on-property incident report process interacting as needed with the Corporate Human Resources Director.
- Maintain oversight of and be the point-of-contact for City, County, State and insurance agencies affiliated with annual inspections and licensing of the resorts (i.e., business licenses, pool permits, health inspections, insurance inspections, etc.)
- Manage and generate operation reports as follows but not limited to:
- Monthly Resort Operational Sub Reports (monthly)
- Guest Service Call Frequency Report (monthly)
- Guest Service Call Issue Type Reports (monthly)
- Open Service Request Report (weekly)
- Initiate and implement a RCI monthly reporting process
- Serve in the capacity of General Manager upon the absence of the General Manager.
- Initiate the development and implementation of individual Department training procedures for the purpose of training new hires and the purpose of maintaining in-service training for existing staff with the objective to establish standardized and best use practices in the various disciplines in cooperation with each Department’s manager.