RETURN TO POSTINGS
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Deeding Assistant will assist the Deeding Department with processing deeds to timeshare owners, property transfers to third parties and family transfers, conduct deedback processes and assist with the foreclosure process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open and stamp all incoming mail.
- Assist with returning phone calls to owner(s) and replying to all email requests.
- Assisting in monitoring the Deedback Database.
- Fielding status calls to owner(s) after the Deed is mailed and confirm the owner(s) received the Deed and if there are any questions on signing and/or returning the original Deed.
- Printing requests for Certificates of Approval and helping to prepare memos for review.
- Preparing unit verifications for our timeshare transfer company.
- Prepare Estoppel and send to transfer company or attorney.
- Reviewing transfer packages when received in the mail (confirm deed is recorded correctly including names, legal description etc.)
- Notating each account in SPI regarding the transfer requests and updating the spreadsheet.
- Preparing spreadsheets for recording fees after the vesting letters have been sent to owner(s).
- Reviewing County websites for Deeds after they have been recorded and printed.
- Notating accounts in SPI with recording information.
- Preparing letters to give to the Title Specialist to review and scan into Docuware and mailing them to owners after the original recorded Deed is returned from the attorney.
- Prepare foreclosure & demand letters via certified mail envelopes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior legal or paralegal experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, guests, vendors, and the public, using tact and poise.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Must be dependable.
OPTIONAL SKILL A PLUS:
- South Carolina Notary Public.