JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Administrative Clerk is responsible for various administrative/office and shipping /receiving duties. All work is done in support of the Assistant General Manager and Housekeeping Supervisors with the expectation that the highest standards of cleanliness and hospitality are maintained at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the Housekeeping Manager /AGM publish the weekly work schedule taking into account and tracking all requests for time off.
- Produce the necessary reports for no shows, in-house, etc daily and provide, as necessary, to Manager and Supervisors.
- Produce and distribute forecasts and departure reports to manager, supervisors and contractors.
- Follow On Wait List and direct to contractors those units for cleaning.
- Open mail and distribute as necessary.
- Assist in staffing the Housekeeping Office to ensure availability to handle any incoming calls from co-workers and contractors.
- Receive and distribute all FedEx, UPS or other deliveries. Logging each and obtaining signatures from those who received items.
- Work closely and communicate with the Housekeeping Manager / AGM, Supervisors and Housekeeping associates to ensure a smooth daily operation of the Housekeeping Dept.
- Take on responsibility for Lost & Found program including logging found items, communication with guests and cleaning contractors to obtain missing items, and returning items to guests.
- Track inventory of guest supplies, condo items, linens, terry and operational supplies, including taking inventory and preparing orders for the Housekeeping Manager.
- Assist in coordinating all projects being performed in Timeshare Resorts, including, but not limited to, taking all steps necessary to bring each project to successful completion in the allotted timeframe, reporting progress and/or problems to the Housekeeping Manager, on a regular and timely basis.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the Housekeeping Department.
- Match delivery receipts with invoices.
- Enter requests in HotSOS and run summary reports on behalf of Housekeeping Manager.
- Generate and post invoices for contractors.
- Generate and post PO’s in proper account.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Previous experience working in an office environment completing administrative tasks.
- The ability to anticipate business needs, having the flexibility to quickly adapt to changing situations with ease. Ability to multitask.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills.
- Excellent (English) oral and written communication skills for interaction with the public, guests, staff, and cleaning contractors, while using tact and poise.
- Experienced in interacting effectively with all levels of management, guests, staff, vendors, and contractors, both inside and outside of the company.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Demonstrated sound organizational skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Administrative skills to include typing ability. Computer literate; proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Pleasant personality, ability to be tactful and maintain professional composure at all times when working with people.
- Ability to quickly learn and have a full understanding of software programs including SPI and Hot SOS.
- Good organizational skills; ability to maintain accurate files on a variety of projects.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions and carry them out without direct supervision.
- Must be willing to work weekends and some holidays. Must be flexible as to scheduling due to vacations and time off of other staff.
- 2-4 years relevant experience in housekeeping and/or hospitality field.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS
- Proficient in Spanish
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with a Company Match (based on eligibility)
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules