JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Assists the Activities Coordinator in providing King’s Creek owners and guests with a first class planned
Activities Program, local attraction information and answer all questions by guests in a timely and friendly
manner. This position requires flexibility, creativity, and the ability to effectively work in small and large
- Conduct assigned activities for guests of the Resort to include recreational activities, classes,
and special events.
- Assist and provide supervision for children of guests during sales presentations while abiding
by department policies and procedures.
- Assist and monitor the safety of unaccompanied minors; maintain accurate contact information
of parent, guardian and Sales Representative and contact when needed.
- Enthusiastically promote programs and activities of the Resort and serve as a role model in
attendance and interaction at the events.
- Consistently display a positive attitude, cheerful spirit, and high energy level in all duties and
interactions with guests and staff.
- Monitor local activities in the surrounding area as it develops and changes and keep staff in
other departments informed.
- Prepare and collect/break down materials and/or equipment for various activities and events.
- Assist and provide input in the design and implementation of new daily, weekly, and monthly
activities to encourage socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Assist Activities Coordinator with department logistics; make phone calls, advertise, manage
inventory, train and motivate employees.
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate positive working relationships with all staff.
- Maintain knowledge of content of activities calendar distributed to owners and guests and
answer questions about activities offered.
- Maintain daily activity logs; when required, check guests in/out.
- Observe participants to gauge their enjoyment and obtain their feedback to improve activities.
- Follow all established policies and procedures.
- Attend all departmental meetings.
- Attend all training/development sessions offered by King’s Creek.
Perform additional or different duties, from those set forth above, to address business needs
and changing business practices as directed by the supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in leading or conducting recreation activities, classes, and special events or
customer services related work experience with an emphasis in recreation/activities
programs is required.
- Background in hospitality industry preferred.
- Activities Representative
- First-Aid and CPR training required.
- Knowledge of timesharing operations.
- Knowledge of vacation ownership and its exchange companies.
- Knowledge of recreation/activities programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and their various software applications required.
- Ability to conduct and obtain resources for a variety of classes including arts and crafts
classes on a regular basis.
- Ability to facilitate small and large group activities.
- Ability to be flexible and creative with high energy level.
- Ability to present an outgoing personality.
- Ability to exhibit excellent guest relations skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict and manage difficult guest relation situations.
- Ability to assist and support others using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively perform duties.
- Ability to accept new and changing responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, employees, and
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS
- Knowledge of Spinnaker Resorts
BENEFITS (BASED ON ELIGIBILITY)
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with a Company Match (based on eligibility)
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules