JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Activities Intern assists recreation coordinators and supervisors during onsite recreational programs for resort guests. These duties may include, but are not limited to: setting up areas for programs with the appropriate supplies and equipment per the program’s direction outline. Monitor and maintain the maintenance and cleaning of recreational areas and equipment (bikes, inner tubes, fishing gear, kayaks, pool deck, dock areas, department storage areas, and activities rooms and cabanas). Interns will interact with resort guests daily during their duties engaging in general conversation and assisting them as needed with basic requests or information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist recreation staff with creating quality recreational programs, events, or experiences for resort guests.
- Interact and work cooperatively with other corporate teams.
- Answers guests’ questions and redirects other questions to the proper department.
- General knowledge of overall resorts operations.
- Keep and maintain accurate records and inventories.
- Engage in physical activities such as walking, bike riding, and water games and under direct supervision of coordinator or supervisor as needed.
- Actively grow breadth of knowledge in a variety of areas of local interest.
- Serve food for food and ice cream events.
- Work up to 40 hour work week, overtime as needed.
- Assist in the execution of basic recreational programs and activities including, but not limited to: Arts and Crafts, Nature Walks, Area History Presentations, Pool Games, Sand Castle Building, Sundae Making, Camp Counselor, Event Set-up and Tear Down, Carnival Games, Crabbing and Net Casting, etc.
- Conducting yourself professionally at all times.
- Be accessible to guests and other departments at all times.
- Present a professional appearance.
- Uphold the department’s standards of practice in conducting all programs or actions.
- Keep all department areas including pool deck, dock areas, crafts rooms, sports courts, cabanas, and community areas tidy and organized.
- Be cognizant of company policies concerning:
- The reserving of pool amenities
- Non-resident owners
- Wristbands during the intense scheduling period
- Pool and deck safety (clowning around, horseplay, and glass/food on decks)
- Kayak operations
- Fishing and crabbing regulations in accordance to state and regional laws and ordinances
- Securing amenities for adverse weather conditions.
- Following all corporate standard operating policies including specified breaks and or lunches.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, as well as overtime as requested.
- Ability to provide your own transportation to and from worksites.
- Must possess a dedicated work ethic.
- Must be team-oriented and must be able to take direct instruction productively.
- Must possess exemplary communication skills, including: the ability to memorize script, present information to large groups and lead discussions and spontaneous conversations.
- Must be able to work in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules