RETURN TO POSTINGS
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This role assists the recreation coordinators and supervisors during onsite recreational programs for resort guests during the high seasonal months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist recreation staff with creating quality recreational programs, events, or experiences for resort guests.
- Interact and work cooperatively with other corporate teams.
- Answers guests’ questions and redirects other questions to the proper department.
- General knowledge of overall resorts operations.
- Keep and maintain accurate records and inventories.
- Engage in physical activities such as walking, bike riding, and water games and under direct supervision of coordinator or supervisor as needed.
- Actively grow breadth of knowledge in a variety of areas of local interest.
- Serve food for food and ice cream events.
- Work up to 40 hour work week, overtime as needed.
- Assist in the execution of basic recreational programs and activities including, but not limited to: Arts and Crafts, Nature Walks, Area History Presentations, Pool Games, Sand Castle Building, Sundae Making, Camp Counselor, Event Set-up and Tear Down, Carnival Games, Crabbing and Net Casting, etc.
- Conducting yourself professionally at all times.
- Be accessible to guests and other departments at all times.
- Present a professional appearance.
- Uphold the department’s standards of practice in conducting all programs or actions.
- Keep all department areas including pool deck, dock areas, crafts rooms, sports courts, cabanas, and community areas tidy and organized.
- Be cognizant of company policies concerning:
- The reserving of pool amenities
- Non-resident owners
- Wristbands during the intense scheduling period
- Pool and deck safety (clowning around, horseplay, and glass/food on decks)
- Kayak operations
- Fishing and crabbing regulations in accordance to state and regional laws and ordinances
- Securing amenities for adverse weather conditions.
- Following all corporate standard operating policies including specified breaks and or lunches.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, as well as overtime as requested.
- Ability to provide your own transportation to and from worksites.
- Must possess a dedicated work ethic.
- Must be team-oriented and must be able to take direct instruction productively.
- Must possess exemplary communication skills, including: the ability to memorize script, present information to large groups and lead discussions and spontaneous conversations.
- Must be able to work in varying outdoor weather conditions.