The Activities Coordinator is responsible for in coordinating, implementing and participating in activities for the Palace View, French Quarter, and Palace View Heights Resort Activities Department. This position will execute the assigned duties for a highly presentable Gold Crown (RCI) 5-Star (II) vacation interval resort Activities Department. Interact directly with owners, guests, vendors and resort managers and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Activities Manager to create, implement, and oversee all activities programming (create/revise new and old programs) for the daily operation of the Activities Department at Palace View Resort, French Quarter Resort, and Palace View Heights Resort.
- Be committed to “The mission of Southwind Management Corp.” – to establish a Lifelong relationship with our owners and guests and to guide them through a memorable vacation experience, primarily through our committed, experienced, knowledgeable and caring staff.
- Will help to assist and develop, coordinate and implement all activities programming including but not limited to development of (design, print, and circulate) weekly activities calendar, crafts, recreational and game related activities for youth, adults, and seniors, Branson area attractions and show ticket fulfillment, show package promotion, day trip promotion, and weekly owner/guest on-site dinner.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of shows, attractions and tourist related concerns involving Branson and the Branson area.
- Will share responsibility for the upkeep and care of the activities areas, exercise facilities, and the indoor and outdoor pool areas.
- Will share responsibility for the display and distribution of pool towels.
- Will assist in the assigned tasks directed at completing all necessary activities programming and tasks.
- Oversee and monitor all activities inventories, providing monthly reports as assigned by primary supervisor.
- Ensure the timely execution of all daily and weekly activities task schedules for activities maintained equipment care.
- Be punctual in reporting to work and starting programs; arrive before guest and ahead of program scheduled time.
- Answer guest questions and redirect as necessary to other departments using tact and poise. Be visible and accessible when not engaged in running programs and activities.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times reflecting a positive image on the resort and SMC.
- Backup support to others, special projects as requested, and/or any legitimate business task within the scope of responsibilities.
- Ensure that all safety rules are observed by activities staff.
- Practice and encourage the proper safety procedures for equipment & chemical use.
- Practice and encourage the proper safety procedures for physical exertion that involves bending, lifting, and climbing.
- Know tornado, fire, and disaster procedures and help coordinate evacuation efforts if necessary.
- Understand and be capable of completing the SMC accident/injury incident report forms/documents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English along with computer skills including Word, Excel, and e-mail proficiency.
- Be customer service oriented and display an obvious people-person personality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, owners/guest, vendors and the general public, using tact and poise.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb stairs and lift 25+ lbs.
- Experience in related or applicable field with oversight experience.
- Valid Driver’s license in good standing with reliable transportation.