JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Accounting Clerk will work as part of the financial management team in reporting timely and accurate information to senior management. Primarily responsible for entry of vendor invoices into accounting system and maintenance of vendor files. Other tasks include providing administrative support to accounting staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing vendor invoices.
- Process invoices in PaperSave/Great Plains.
- Review and scan paper invoices.
- Resolve vendor discrepancies and disputes.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Ensure payments are properly distributed.
- Keep vendor files in order through timely filing of invoices and correspondence
- Prepare vendor schedules.
- Update and maintain utility workbooks.
- Update and maintain property tax workbook.
- Update and maintain lease payment workbook.
- Provide administrative support to accounting staff.
- Weekly delivery of deposits.
- Scan and mail monthly and annual billing statements.
- Perform accounting research as assigned to include transaction review and account reconciliation.
- Assist co-workers as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform special projects and additional or different duties, from those set forth above, to address business needs and changing business practices as directed by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum two (2) years business experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting software, preferably Great Plains.
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, routines, and equipment.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft® Office products and proficient in the usage of.
- Knowledge of computers and skilled in the usage of.
- Knowledge of strong work ethic; inspiring the trust of others.
- Ability to provide strong attention to detail and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner using tact, patience, and courtesy, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exhibit excellent telephone skills and etiquette to include professionalism and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, employees, and management.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task using excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively convey information to managers/supervisors.
- Ability to listen, comprehend, interpret, and apply directives.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS
- Knowledge of Spinnaker Resorts
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with a Company Match (based on eligibility)
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules