The Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting both Sales and Marketing in achieving all performance objectives by overseeing all Marketing activities and programs within the Kings Creek Marketing Department. Additionally, this role will be responsible for recruiting, training and providing leadership to all Marketing staff members, while developing and maintaining relationships with brokers, merchants, vendors, community leaders and corporate marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage In-House Lead and Sig employees in the local market, including: recruiting, staffing, motivation, retention, performance management, interviewing, scheduling, assigning job responsibilities and duties.
- Manage the check-in process and special event planning for owners and guests throughout the week.
- Work closely with the Regional Director of Marketing and Sales Manager to plan and implement new strategies, owner events, owner Updates, package sales, concierges services and operating procedures.
- Monitor tour volume, package sales, SIG sales, tour costs, show rates, VPG and constantly search for methods to improve efficiencies.
- Assist the Regional Marketing Director with other Marketing Managers and Marketing Representatives responsible for generating tours at special events and regional road show/trade show events.
- Work closely with managers to acquire new locations, programs, hire new employees and improve the programs.
- Work closely with the Regional Marketing Director to plan and implement new strategies and operating procedures.
- Monitor tour volume, tour costs, show rates, VPG and constantly search for methods to improve the same.
- Assist with lead generation to support the telemarketing rooms.
- Work closely with other Administrative Managers to generate referral leads and tours and promote our owner and non- owner referral programs.
- Create new procedures and promotions for referral generation.
- Maintain a consistent average of 4.5 referrals per tour through various programs.
- Work closely with the Regional Director of Marketing and other Marketing Managers at other Spinnaker Resorts’ properties to generate mini-vacation tours from outside telemarketing, direct mail, direct tours vendors and web-based tour companies.
- Establish solid relationships with outside vendors.
- Monitor tour volume, package sales volume, tour costs, show rates, VPG and constantly search for methods to improve the same.
- Work closely with the Regional Director of Marketing and other Marketing Managers at Spinnaker properties to generate day drive tours from outside telemarketing, direct tours, direct mail, and web-based tour companies.
- Monitor daily tour volume, tour costs, show rates, VPG and constantly search for methods to improve the same.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration and/or a related field preferred.
- Must have at least 7 or more years of proven success in the Timeshare/Vacation Ownership industry.
- Ability to recruit, supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to develop and implement Marketing procedures and protocols.
- Ability to have attention to detail and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively deal with people and different situations.
- Knowledge of Marketing practices and conventions.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of Marketing media and funding sources.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- General knowledge of vacation ownership concepts.
- Knowledge of available gift options (certificates, restaurant vouchers, etc.).
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office, email, reporting.
OPTIONAL SKILLS A PLUS:
- Knowledge of Spinnaker Resorts and/or the timeshare industry.