Becky’s Top 10 in Ormond Beach
This is my top 10 must-see, must-do in Ormond Beach from my perspective as a native to the area. Ormond Beach has so much nearby! But these are the top 10:
- Daytona Lagoon Waterpark: Great fun for the kids! They have a massive game room with lots of virtual games, food and drink for all ages and of course all types of fun water rides including the lazy river.
- The Richard Petty Driving Experience at the Daytona International Speedway: You can learn about the history of Nascar racing and even get a chance to drive a race car on the world’s most famous track, the Daytona International Speedway!
- Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Park: Where fairytales come true for children of all ages. Visit the Disney characters across 6 lands, see enchanting fireworks and musical parades. Fantasy becomes reality while you visit Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland and Liberty Square. Watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella’s Castle. Visit Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios while you’re in the area. They are all a great place to spend a day of vacation!
- Pirate’s Island in Daytona Beach, FL: Great for an 18-hole putting experience. Putt-putt over streams, through caves, and once reach top of Swashbuckler’s mountain you can take in the view of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Saint Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park: See the rare albino alligator, crocodiles, exotic birds, reptiles, and monkeys. Learn about every species. Great fun for all ages!
- The Pioneer Art Settlement in Pierson, FL: The settlement features exhibits depicting the lifestyles and crafts of early settlers in Florida and guided tours are available. Taste some real sugar cane and see all kinds of handmade crafts.
- The Casements: The Rockefeller winter home. Learn about the history of John D. Rockefeller and his family and their contributions to society. The history about the home itself is fascinating! The home was purchased by the city of Ormond Beach and restored. Learn great history here about the Ormond Beach area with lots of pictures of the undeveloped beaches and surrounding area.
- Hontoon Island State Park in Deland, FL: A perfect getaway for the day! The island is accessible by ferry or boat only. There’s a parking area where you can be picked up by ferry and taken over to the island. It is great for hiking, fishing, picnicking, and boating. See the evidence of Native American habitation while hiking the area and see the beautiful St. Johns River.
- Juniper Springs Run in the Ocala National Forest off of SR 19: One of the finest canoe and kayak runs in America. I have canoed the entire 7 mile run and you’ll see lots of wildlife in the water and out!
- Marineland in St. Augustine, FL: Call ahead and make reservations to swim with the dolphins or simply enter the park and observe the marine life. Learn about the dolphins, their environment and how we can do our part to help with marine conservation.