Aquafit Class: Fun and Cool for Everyone
The Recreation Team at Spinnaker Resorts is busy each season teaching our owners and guests how to exercise while having fun in the water. People love the Aqua Fitness class because it’s all happening in the pool! Here is what you can expect.
An overview of the Aquafit Class:
- Each season the Aqua Fitness class is held at Bluewater Resort
- The Aqua Fitness class is held in the spring and summer at Waterside Resort
- Owners and guests staying at Egret Point, Carolina Club, The Cottages and Southwind are welcome to attend the class at Waterside
- The Recreation Leader will meet you at the pool
- When the music starts, listen and follow your Recreation Leader’s instructions for how to stretch
- The Whirlpool: Using the water as resistance, jog, and dance in a circle
- The Crabwalk: Move around the side of the pool while working your arms and legs
- Flutter Kicks: Engage the core while kicking as fast as you can while keeping your body and legs as straight as possible
- Jumping Jacks: Physical jumping exercise performed by jumping to a position with the legs spread wide and the hands touching overhead, sometimes in a clap, and then returning to a position with the feet together and the arms at the sides
These are just some of the water exercises you can do when you attend the Aqua Fitness class. The classes may vary and the order of exercises may change. Water aerobics is not as easy as it looks so do you what you can. Remember, you are on vacation. We look forward to seeing you at Spinnaker Resorts on Hilton Head.